Thursday, January 10, 2013

my final semester of coursework

my semester begins on monday and i am soooo excited to start my two final courses of my program.  it's taken me four and a half years to get here and i really am kind of bursting with a mix of excitement and apprehension.  one piece contributing to the anxiety is that my eye illness came back.  things like sleeping right and exercising and eating well all help me curb the symptoms of this illness, but being in school while working full time leaves little time for these essentials, so i'm hoping i can find a way to really do it all.  i've started working on that this past week by getting into bed early and waking up early.  it's a struggle, but i'm working at it.  i just need to remind myself of the why.  there is a purpose for all of this and i need to keep that present, especially on those days when i just don't want to get out of bed.

the two courses i'm taking this semester are "advanced qual methods and case analysis" with sharon ravitch and my doctoral seminar with gerald campano.  i've taken classes with each of these faculty members before and am really looking forward to working with them again.  i'm sure i'll have more to report once classes start next week, but i'm hoping to begin reading for my monday class over the weekend.  i am so looking forward to all this semester has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment