Wednesday, December 12, 2012

nearing the end of another semester

i guess this is my final post for the semester.  the semester, of course, isn't yet done, but we're close!  to give an update on my post from last week, my teammates and i did really well on our presentation (i think).  if you're interested in seeing it, you can do so by clicking here.  i used prezi to create this presentation.  i find it super easy to use and manipulate.  it's great for illustrating challenging concepts or making connections between multiple ideas.  i have also used prezi for note-taking and paper planning.  after our presentation, one of my groupmates sent around an email with some notes she took on people's post-presentation questions for us.  we used these notes to revise our paper and i handed it in on behalf of the group just yesterday.  i'm really happy to be done for multiple reasons: (a) i'm officially done with my fels cert work; (b) it's easier now to focus on my final work for my other class; and (c) it's just nice to complete such a large and challenging project!

so, now i'm working on my final paper for my other class.  i have pages and pages of relatively organized notes, but i am still struggling with getting the thing written.  one piece of this is that i've picked up and begun reading three new books, two fiction ones and one historical one.  i love reading, but sometimes, i get so caught up in a book that i can't seem to do anything else.  i need to figure out a way to change this habit.  right now, i'm just trying to stay up in my office (away from my kindle) and concentrate on getting some things written.  hopefully, i'll accomplish at least SOME of this.  maybe i'll even have a chance to update this post with positive news tomorrow.  time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment